One of the cool points of growing up in a singular geographic location is getting to travel and experience different cultures in different areas of the world. We’re all people and everything, but as products of our physical surroundings, we undoubtedly feel a slight shock when taken out of our comfort zones and thrust ourselves into new situations and atmospheres. Thankfully for me, Toronto has itself quite a metal scene and this year’s offering of HEAVY T.O. and HEAVY MTL, taking place in (you guessed it) Toronto and Montreal, saw thousands of black clad, heavily tattooed and pierced crunch lovers packing vacant fields to get their fill of breakdowns, screams, and solos from some of modern metal’s most significant artists. When you pack System Of A Down, Slipknot, Deftones, Marilyn Manson, and Suicidal Tendencies onto the same bill, it’s gonna be a good time, and I felt right at home.
- So this is apparently happening... twitter.com/saintvitusbar/… 5 years ago
- https://t.co/h8XsvGEtL6 5 years ago
- APPLE STOMP! NYC Irving Plaza 5/31-6/1! Flyer below!
- Interview with Soley; Performed at Iceland Airwaves event during @sxsw @soleysoleysoley
- RIVAL SCHOOLS 2003 demo album “FOUND” getting released! Vinyl pre-order NOW.
- Interview with Team Spirit; Played @sxsw and new EP on @Vice Records drops April 9th! @goteamspirit @noiseymusic
- LOLLAPALOOZA 2013… Is this the lineup?!?!?!